Like CPAs and tax attorneys, EAs can handle all types of tax matters and can represent their clients’ interests before the IRS. The client does not necessarily have to be present. EAs are authorized to appear in place of their clients. H&R Block tax software and online prices are ultimately determined at the time of print or e-file.
- NAEA members must complete 30 hours per year of continuing education or 90 hours every three years, which is significantly more than the IRS prerequisite.
- William Perez is a tax expert with 20+ years of experience advising on individual and small business tax.
- Enrolled Agents represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service for tax issues that include audits, collections and appeals.
- The candidate has until February 15, 2024 to pass all other parts of the examination or will lose credit for Part 2.
- EAs require 72 hours of continuing education every two years.
- After you’ve passed all three Enrolled Agent exam parts within two years, you’ll need to apply for EA enrollment.
Our Personal Counselors act as exam mentors and study coaches. They answer your questions, help you plan and meet your goals, and stick with you every step of the way to ensure your success. However you decide to register, you must complete your registration before you can schedule your exam.
Contact the Office of Enrollment
We are federally-licensed tax practitioners who specialize in tax preparation and have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. If you get a letter from the IRS, or worse, are audited or are the target of a collection action, your EA can speak directly to the IRS on your behalf. Severe penalties may be imposed for contributions and distributions not made in accordance with IRS rules. This is an optional tax refund-related loan from MetaBank®, N.A.; it is not your tax refund. Loans are offered in amounts of $250, $500, $750, $1,250 or $3,500. Approval and loan amount based on expected refund amount, eligibility criteria, and underwriting.
You deserve the highest quality instruction, the most advanced technology, and the absolute best support until you pass all of your exams. Give us the opportunity and we will exceed your expectations. The IRS Independent Office of Appeals welcomes input from taxpayers and tax pros on how video conference technology can best be used in an Appeals hearing. Prescriptions and bottled water may not be brought into the testing room but can be kept in the test center locker for access if needed.
Requirements for Becoming an EA
The growth of the enrolled agent industry depends on industry rule changes and the demand for tax services. However, there is a growing need for EAs in private and public accounting firms, law firms, corporations, local and state government agencies, and banks.
- At the end of the exam, candidates receive a notification on their computer screen indicating that they have passed.
- For business owners, dealing with the IRS may be necessary.
- What this means is aspiring Enrolled Agents using our coursework focus only on the most crucial material needed to pass the exams and do so in less time with less hassle.
- Enrollment in, or completion of, the H&R Block Income Tax Course is neither an offer nor a guarantee of employment.
- We believe that EA prep should be there for you when you need it.
- Discount must be used on initial purchase only.
Choosing the wrong filing status is a common mistake. Do you know what your tax filing status is? Read on to learn about filing statuses Enrolled Agent with H&R Block. At the end of the exam, candidates receive a notification on their computer screen indicating that they have passed.
Use Fast Focus to narrow your review in the EA study bank or online course to the areas that could help you most when you take the actual https://simple-accounting.org/ exam. With one click, you can zero in on all of the areas that could have the biggest impact on your EA exam score. We call this feature “Fast Focus” because it allows you to concentrate on the most important questions and content. This feature is most helpful after completing the questions for each chapter, and in the final review before you take your test. Our Enrolled Agent Exam Review provides you with the essential material you need to pass and leaves out unnecessary information that would only bog you down. This focus allows our students to excel on their exams, often passing all three on the first try. Students will develop a fundamental understanding of the components of taxable income determination across taxable entities, so that the student builds a foundation for effectively learning future tax laws.
FATP status is also granted with limited representation rights to enrolled actuaries, and enrolled retirement plan agents. The EA Exam, officially known as the Special Enrollment Examination , is a three-part exam administered by Prometric on behalf of the Internal Revenue Service. Each part is taken as a separate 100 question EA exam and you will have 3.5 hours to answer all questions for that part.
Prepare for your Exam
The tax identity theft risk assessment will be provided in January 2019. The tax identity theft risk assessment is based on various data sources and actual risk may vary beyond factors included in analysis. One state program can be downloaded at no additional cost from within the program.
Anyone testing in these centers should be prepared to present the documentation provided to you at the time of your vaccination, in whatever form your medical provider issued. Prometric has suspended mandatory mask usage in locations where the Government or State laws allow. In locations where masks are mandatory, candidates will be required to bring and wear a mask during the entirety of their time at the test center. Either a medical mask or cloth face covering is acceptable.